Bring Out Your Calculator-Plan!

Key Text: Proverbs 24:3-4 TLB

Any enterprise is built by wise planning, becomes strong through common sense, and profits wonderfully by keeping abreast of the facts.  

Research has shown that only about 3% of adults plan their future. Yet those 3% accomplish five to ten times more in their lifetime than do the other 97%. It is sad to know that more people plan their vacation than plan their lives.

The creation story brings to bear the power of strategic planning: God created the firmament before he made the birds; He made the seas and oceans before the fishes were created to inhabit it. Man was created after plants and other things were put in place to sustain him. The magnificent creation of the universe was achieved by the power of Planning.

If you must create or build anything successful, it must start with a plan. No organization became very great by chance; it is as a result of strategic planning.

Jesus says in Luke 14:28 “For which of you, intending to build a tower, does not sit down first and count the cost, whether he has enough to finish it”

“Planning is winning, just as breathing is Living”- Bishop Oyedepo

Many businesses fail due to lack of planning, even the anointing on a minister of God will be wasted if there is no sound plan and careful adherence to same. If couples put the same amount of energy they used in planning their wedding towards planning their life, their chances of success will be ten times greater.

Have you planned your business? Have you checked the cost of raw materials? What will be the cost of manufacturing your products or delivering your service? What is the cost of transportation to the market, wear and tear on your vehicle and other equipment, wages and salaries? Have you laid down the sequence and timelines of activities?

Have you also considered what it will cost you in terms of time, emotions, and the impact on your family? All these you’ve got to know- otherwise you will be drained out.

When you fail to plan, you’ve only fine-tuned your plans to fail.

Prayer: Sweet Holy Spirit, empower my reasoning capacity today, grant me more discipline to plan and help me maximize the potentials you have deposited in my life.

You will succeed.

Gbenga Solademi

Twitter: @gbengasolademi



2 thoughts on “Bring Out Your Calculator-Plan!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s